Embracing the Lifeways Early Education philosophy, our “homes-away-from-home” provide loving communities designed to support little ones in their important work of exploring, discovering, and learning through nature-based free play in an environment filled with kindness, empathy, and a culture of inclusion.
Community Of Kindness, Empathy, And Inclusion.
NE Portland Child Care Center
4114 N Vancouver Ave.
SE Portland Child care Center
8722 SE 17th Ave.
We are committed to:
- Offering child-centered care for little ones ages 6 weeks to 5 years
- Providing continuity of care for infants and toddlers in a mixed-age, nurturing, community-oriented environment
- Excellence in all aspects of child care, including parent education
- Enhancing our local communities and the natural environment
- Promoting diversity in all areas through an accessible tuition structure
"Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning.
But for children, play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood.”
- Fred Rogers
Support Our Refugee Training Program
Your support will help train a refugee to become a child care assistant and for the right candiates pay for their teacher training. It will also help establish tuition assistance for these immigrant and refugee assistants and teachers to send their children to our playgarden.